Yandina Community Gardens’ vision is to be a knowledge and demonstration hub for sustainable living. One of the key things that we do is to deliver education and training workshops.
We are seeking a workshop coordinator to manage our Saturday workshop program. We deliver fortnightly workshops and run monthly garden tours. This person will have an outgoing personality and be interested in all aspects of sustainable living and caring for the environment. You will be a great communicator with good computer skills and a commitment to the principles of Permaculture and a spirit of volunteerism. The person we are seeking will need to commit to attending the Gardens for four hours from 8 am to 12 noon on two of the four Saturdays per month, 2 hours will be paid for and 2 hours will be volunteer time to support the successful delivery of the workshop. YCG is a dynamic and passionate volunteer run organisation. You will be working with volunteers and reporting to the President.
Some of the coordinator’s duties include:
- Linking with the YCG Education committee to coordinate the annual workshop program and garden tour schedule (garden tours are monthly)
- Contacting potential workshop presenters
- Managing all the components, on the day of the workshop, that support the successful delivery of the workshop, including; room and AV setup, presenter introduction, participant sign in and evaluation forms, room clean up.
- Collating the statistics obtained from the evaluation sheets and entering them on the spreadsheet ready for use in the Grant Acquittal and marketing processes;
- Taking a few photos of each workshop also for use in the Grant Acquittal and marketing processes.
Our budget allows us to offer the coordinator $30.00 per hour for the four hours’ per month, required to communicate with presenters, collate evaluation forms and provide feedback. Attending the 2-hour workshop every 2nd Saturday is considered your voluntary contribution to YCG.
To lodge an ‘expression of interest’, or, to obtain more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your details.
Applications close on 26 April 2018