ARE YOU OUR NEW FOOD WASTE LOOP PROJECT OFFICER?
Are you passionate about sustainability? Are you good at working with people? Do you enjoy problem solving? Delivering projects? Able to work autonomously and are self-motivated? And most importantly do you want to make a positive difference to your community?
Then here’s an exciting opportunity for you! The Yandina Community Gardens (YCG) is looking for a motivated and experienced person for a Project Officer role. YCG has received funding to move our Food Waste Diversion project, Food Waste Loop, into Stage 2 of the project. The Project Officer will work with YCG’s volunteers and management committee lead the Food Waste Loop program into its next stage. You will continue to run the program including collection & processing of the townships food waste alongside our volunteers. This role is for 12 hours/ week (across 2 days) on an 18 month contract.For more information about the Food Waste Loop program, see here.
Required skills / knowledge:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience in environmental science, permaculture or related discipline.
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community projects.
- Experience in composting and or worm farming.
- Experience in community engagement and developing partnerships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Experience delivering compost education desired but not essential
- Experience working with volunteers/ working for a volunteer-run organisation preferred but not essential
- Experience in social enterprise desired but not essential
- Ability to perform moderate physical work and not shy away from food waste!
- Must have your own vehicle and willing to collect many buckets of food waste.
If this sounds like a role for you, please send your application, addressing the required skills / knowledge to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
$32/hr + 0.72c/km.
Applications close 29th July 2022 at 5pm.