Graeme Sait is a sought-after presenter, who travels to over 30 countries each year educating farmers and gardeners about growing high-quality food without the use of chemicals. Graeme is the author of over 300 published articles and two books and his YouTube clips have hundreds of thousands of views. Graeme often meets at Ministerial level around the world in his quest to spread the word about the profound links between soil health, human health, and planetary health. His presentations are often described as life-changing.
The 4-hour workshop at the Gardens
This workshop entitled,“The Secrets of Growing Pest-Free Food with Forgotten Flavors and Enhanced Medicinal Qualities”, will have a strong practical focus. You will learn both the theory and the practice to make your gardening more stress-free and fun. The wide-ranging subject matter will include the following:
- Making your own liquid living fertilisers – compost teas, specialist inoculumsworm juices, and lactobacillus teas can be remarkably effective, low-cost aids to increase yield and build resilience in your garden.
- Composting competency– composting is a home garden essential. Here you will discover the mechanics of three super productive composting strategies including aerobic, anaerobic and Trichoderma composting.
- Monitoring your progress– learn about the value of simple monitoring strategies to maximize plant health and pest resistance. Learn how to use a refractometer, how to measure soil and plant pH and discover a simple technique to monitor all-important potassium in your food crops.
- The value of soil tests– we often spend thousands of unpaid hours as weekend warriors in the garden. Sometimes there are problem areas and unproductive plots that we never really learn to manage. A soil test can be a remarkable problem-solving tool when seeking to maximize production and minimize problems.
- Improve your own health– Graeme is renowned around the world for sharing his considerable insight into how we can live longer, happier, healthier lives. Here you will learn stress-busting strategies, invaluable diet tips and you will discover practical tips for making full benefit of your bountiful produce. This segment will include demonstrations of lactofermentation, super smoothies, and the making of tender kale salads. You will also be given the recipe and tips for making the wonderful, DIY anti-inflammatory, Golden Paste.
- Improve the health of your planet– discover the critically important role of soil health, in terms of countering climate change. Humus building is direct carbon sequestration, Nurturing your own patch can be your biggest individual contribution towards countering the global heating challenge. You will recognise the role of mulching, cover cropping and the use of humates to maximize the humus building potential of your garden.
This is a rare opportunity to hear Graeme focus upon your garden and your health in his hometown. There have been full houses at his previous presentations so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please note due to Graeme’s popularity we are hosting the workshop at the Yandina-Eumundi RSL, the address is 24 North Street Yandina
This project has been proudly supported by Sunshine Coast Council’s grants program