- • Good organisational skills
- • Has some financial expertise
- • Ability to maintain accurate records
- • Honest/trustworthy
- • Good communication skills
- The following legal duties apply to all members of an Incorporated Association Board
• the duty to act in good faith in the best interests of the organisation and for a proper purpose
• the duty to act with reasonable care, skill and diligence (including the duty to prevent insolvent trading)
• the duty not to improperly use information or position, and
• the duty to disclose and manage conflicts of interest.
- Upholding and acting in the spirit and intent of the YCG Code of Conduct
• Provide advice to the committee in their management of the organisation finances
• Administer all financial affairs of the organisation
• Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the committee for approval
• Ensure development and committee review of financial systems, policies and procedures
• Support any required auditing processes
• Ensure all controls are in place for incoming and outgoing monies
• Ensure accurate records are maintained of all income and expenditure
• Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
• Be a signatory on committee account
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation. To ensure that you find the right place to volunteer, YCG will host a monthly volunteer induction morning, on the first Tuesday of each month. Here you will learn about the Gardens, understand all the activities available to you for volunteering, enjoy a guided garden tour and meet all the other volunteers. The morning ends with a tea.
We look forward to welcoming all our new volunteers.