- • Good organisational skills
- • Has some financial expertise
- • Ability to maintain accurate records
- • Honest/trustworthy
- • Good communication skills
- The following legal duties apply to all members of an Incorporated Association Board
• the duty to act in good faith in the best interests of the organisation and for a proper purpose
• the duty to act with reasonable care, skill and diligence (including the duty to prevent insolvent trading)
• the duty not to improperly use information or position, and
• the duty to disclose and manage conflicts of interest.
- Upholding and acting in the spirit and intent of the YCG Code of Conduct
• Provide advice to the committee in their management of the organisation finances
• Administer all financial affairs of the organisation
• Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the committee for approval
• Ensure development and committee review of financial systems, policies and procedures
• Support any required auditing processes
• Ensure all controls are in place for incoming and outgoing monies
• Ensure accurate records are maintained of all income and expenditure
• Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
• Be a signatory on committee account
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation. To ensure that you find the right place to volunteer, YCG will host a monthly volunteer induction morning, on the first Monday or Tuesday of each month. (Alternating) Here you will learn about the Gardens, understand all the activities available to you for volunteering, enjoy a guided garden tour and meet all the other volunteers. The morning ends with a tea.
We look forward to welcoming all our new volunteers.