We are seeking a workshop & events coordinator to manage our education and events programs here at Yandina Community Gardens.
The current education program includes:
- three 2hr workshops per month on Saturday mornings.
- three premium workshops (3hr workshops) per year.
- one garden tour on the first Saturday of each month.
This position provides the scope to expand the number of workshops and garden tours.
The current events program involves organising:
Three public events: World Environment Day(8 June), Qld Garden Expo(12-14 July), Yandina Fair(17 August)
Two member events to take place on 11 May and 7 December
You will have an outgoing personality and be interested in all aspects of sustainable living and caring for the environment. You will be a great communicator with good computer skills and have an understanding and commitment to the principles of Permaculture.
YCG is a dynamic and passionate volunteer-run organisation. You will be working with volunteers and reporting to the President. More information about YCG can be found at: www.yandinacommunitygardens.com.au
Some of the coordinator’s duties include:
- linking with the YCG Education committee to coordinate the annual workshop program and garden tour schedule,
- identifying and contacting potential workshop presenters,
- managing all the components of workshop delivery on the day of the workshop, including room set up, AV setup, presenter introduction, participant sign in and evaluation, room clean up,
- creating a workshop report based on the evaluation sheets,
- coordinating all aspects of the YCG stand at three public events including volunteers and merchandise,
- organising two members events including guest presenters, food and entertainment
The salary offered for this casual role is $30.00 per hour.
You will be paid five hours for every workshop delivered, and one hour for every two garden tours. You will also receive 20hrs of remuneration for organising the five events.
To lodge an ‘expression of interest’, or, to obtain more information, please email email@example.com and leave your details.
EOIs close on the 18th of January 2019.