We are looking for an experienced treasurer to join our Management committee, if you have experience in accountancy or finances, are well organised and you are willing to donate your time to our Volunteer based organization, you could be our next treasurer. If you want to join a group of like minded individuals who are passionate about Permaculture and want to continue the legacy of Yandina Community gardens for another 20 years and make a real difference in our Communities then please get in touch.
You will be required to be a current paid member of YCG to nominate yourself.
If you’d like to find out more or apply for the role please contact Donna at email@example.com
A little about the role:
The Treasurer is responsible for the financial supervision of the organisation to allow the committee to provide good governance. The Treasurer is the chief financial management officer whose tasks include the preparation of annual budgets, planning for the organisations financial future and monitoring the organisations revenue and expenditure. It is desirable that the treasurer is well organized and possesses a level of financial expertise.
- • Good organisational skills
- • Has some financial expertise
- • Ability to maintain accurate records
- • Honest/trustworthy
- • Good communication skills
- The following legal duties apply to all members of an Incorporated Association Board
• the duty to act in good faith in the best interests of the organisation and for a proper purpose
• the duty to act with reasonable care, skill and diligence (including the duty to prevent insolvent trading)
• the duty not to improperly use information or position, and
• the duty to disclose and manage conflicts of interest.
Specific duties include but are not limited to
- Upholding and acting in the spirit and intent of the YCG Code of Conduct
• Provide advice to the committee in their management of the organisation finances
• Administer all financial affairs of the organisation
• Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the committee for approval
• Ensure development and committee review of financial systems, policies and procedures
• Support any required auditing processes
• Ensure all controls are in place for incoming and outgoing monies
• Ensure accurate records are maintained of all income and expenditure
• Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
• Be a signatory on committee account